Robyn's luxuriate book montage

The Book of Lost Things
Water for Elephants
A Game of Thrones
The Master and Margarita
David Golder, The Ball, Snow in Autumn, The Courilof Affair
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
1984
Born Free: A Lioness of Two Worlds
Ishmael
Coraline
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The Historian
Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith
Edgar Allan Poe: Selected Works, Deluxe Edition
Animal Farm
Girl, Interrupted


Robyn's favorite books »

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Packing Things Away

While packing things to put in storage while we prepare to move to a larger home, the most difficult part is storing my books.  I remember the stories.  I remember bits and pieces of those other parts of my life - some recent, some so, so long ago.  Three times my husband reminded me to put them in the storage bins... I selected a few favorites and "hid" them on my dresser.  Then he reminded me to put those away, too.  I did... except the ten or so now hidden in the basket next to the bed that usually contains the books I am currently reading.

Why is to so hard to put these pieces of paper away?


2 comments:

  1. I'm already thinking about my move in June and packing a few things that I know I won't need to use before then, just to make it easier on myself. I keep thinking that I should pack up the rest of the books on my bookshelf because I'm pretty sure I won't be reading them before then, but I enjoy looking at them and they make my place feel more like home for now still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about those old pieces of paper that is so familiar, and special. They do make the place feel more cosy, for sure!

    ReplyDelete